Oculoplastic surgery is the cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery of the eye. While offering Oculoplasty treatment in Pune, our surgeons manages and repairs problems primarily related to the tissues or structures surrounding the eye, rather than the eyeball itself. These structures include the eyelids, the tear ducts, and the orbit (bony socket surrounding the eye). Ophthalmic plastic surgeons offering Oculoplasty surgery in Pune at MSEH are board-certified ophthalmologists who have completed several years of additional, highly specialized training in plastic surgery.
The best Oculoplastic surgeon in Pune at our hospital perform procedures such as the repair of droopy eyelids (blepharoplasty), repair of tear duct obstructions, orbital fracture repairs, removal of tumors in and around the eyes, eyelid reconstruction.
Our surgeons perform Oculoplastic treatment in Pune at MSEH and revise eyelids. Entropion, ectropion, ptosis, and eyelid tumors are commonly treated by various forms of eyelid surgery :
- Blepharoplasty (eyelift) is plastic surgery of the eyelids to remove excessive skin or subcutaneous fat
- Asian blepharoplasty
- Ptosis repair for droopy eyelid.
- Ectropion repair
- Entropion repair
- Canthal resection
- A canthectomy is the surgical removal of tissue at the junction of the upper and lower eyelids.
- Cantholysis is the surgical division of the canthus.
- A canthoplasty is plastic surgery at the canthus.
- A canthorrhaphy is suturing of the outer canthus to shorten the palpebral fissure.
- A canthotomy is the surgical division of the canthus, usually the outer canthus.
- A lateral canthotomy is the surgical division of the outer canthus.
- Tarsorrhaphy is a procedure in which the eyelids are partially sewn together to narrow the opening (i.e. palpebral fissure).
- Removal of eyelid tumors (such as basal cell carcinoma or squamous cell carcinoma)
- DCR (Dacryocystorhinostomy) for Tearing
- Canaliculodacryocystostomy is a surgical correction for a congenitally blocked tear duct in which the closed segment is excised and the open end is joined to the lacrimal sac.
- Canaliculotomy involves slitting of the lacrimal punctum and canaliculus for the relief of epiphora.
- A dacryoadenectomy is the surgical removal of a lacrimal gland.
- A dacryocystectomy is the surgical removal of a part of the lacrimal sac.
- A dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) or dacryocystorhinotomy is a procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- A dacryocystostomy is an incision into the lacrimal sac, usually to promote drainage.
- A dacryocystotomy is an incision into the lacrimal sac.
• An enucleation is the removal of the eye leaving the eye muscles and remaining orbital contents intact.
- An evisceration is the removal of the eye's contents, leaving the scleral shell intact. This procedure is usually performed by our team led by best eye specialist in Pune to reduce pain in a blind eye.
- An exenteration is the removal of the entire orbital contents, including the eye, extraocular muscles, fat, and connective tissues; our retina specialist in Pune usually carries out this procedure only for malignant orbital tumors.
- Orbital prosthesis (artificial replacement of the eye and eyelids within the discipline of Anaplastology) for an extenterated orbit.
- Orbital decompression for Graves' disease.
- Botox injections
- Ultrapeel Microdermabrasion
- Endoscopic forehead and browlift
- Face lift (Rhytidectomy)
- Liposuction of the face and neck